Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Elegant Living?

Here is the lovely (NOT) area where I first lived in Las Vegas. It's 4995 South Maryland Parkway, one block south from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. When I moved there in 1985, the area was strictly collegiate. Now, there seems to be NOTHING but undocumented aliens and the stores and apartments that cater to their trade. The student community that I used to enjoy so much has retreated back onto campus and many students commute from the other areas of the city where it is safer to live. I guess the sound of gunfire every night over drug deals gone bad makes it unsettling. The UNLV campus police have jurisdiction over this area and believe me, they are running scared. It's not like it was in the good 'ole days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home