Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Top of the Line Tanzanite Pendant

One of the best things about being a Graduate Gemologist is the chance to examine and study extremely fine articles of jewelry. I am NOT speaking of the "bread and butter" jewelry you will find at mass marketing stores like Wal-Mart. This is a pendant containing an oval 9.33 carat Tanzanite of top grade color and polish accented by 16 round brilliant cut diamonds with a total weight of 2 carats. Items such as this cost many thousands of dollars to fashion. This Tanzanite is one of the finest that I have ever seen. You can take it to the bank that I didn't dare drop this pendant on a hard surface! After over two decades of practice I can relax and not shake like a leaf handling expensive jewelry. I remember my "rookie" days in the industry when fear of gravity was the usual feelng. Incidentally, the digital photograph here like others on the Internet really doesn't do justice to the item. There is NO substitute for seeing an article of jewelry with your own two eyes. As in live and in person. So, try shopping in person and find someone like me who can explain the piece to you. I can explain the factors involved in why a jewel is priced the way it is. No matter what, the important thing to remember that it should look EXPENSIVE and that you can expect to get a lot of compliments for having such good taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home